Sunday, October 31, 2010

TSOA - Holden HSV Sprint

Had a play at Wanneroo today with some big V8's (Holden / Chev 5 - 6 litres with 500-600bhp!!!) some not so big V8 (Tr8's) and some assorted other fun TR's and things.

Quite a bit of prep for this meeting including fitting a nice home fabricated strut brace and getting my front rotors machined as they had picked up a nasty warp. Also fitted an oil pressure guage which I was a bit worried would scare me but after an excursion into the sand trap at the last track day and sitting watching my oil light flickering I decided that I needed to know - even if I didn't want to.

This was also my first event with a 4.11 Diff with a Salisbury type LSD rather than my usual Quaife.

Practice went OK getting used to the lower gearing - the strut brace was instantly noticeable with MUCH better turn in - very sharp and solid. Diff was also working really well - just needed some controlled aggression for the short track which demand quite an attacking style - kerb hopping helps! I actually got a better time in practice than in the actual proper timed runs! Fastest non V8 but not quite quick enough for my liking - bit out of practice and the car is now quite a handful changing into 3rd overdrive uphill , flat out on the limit on a left bend - kind of steps out for a good half turn of oppo' at about 80mph - good fun tho' just need a bit of track time to explore the new wheel spin free handling the new diff offers.

Humph was going welll with his new steel rodded , forged piston bottom end and Andy Miller was again the quickest non V8 TR - pic's and Vids to follow

Only issue was my new oil pressure guage telling me that I need an oil cooler NOW!!! I had always been a bit ambivalent to oil coolers as we generally only do 3 laps and I usually run Mobil 1 but looking at the pressure wilt after 3 hot laps especially back in the paddock when all the cooling air stops and the heat sinks in was frankly a bit scarey. After one proper run I threw in the towel as its simply not worth dropping a rod when you KNOW the oils getting too hot - to think I have been in blissful ignorance for the last 10-12years!!!
I have all the fittings for a cooler of my Pi estate but sadly the 16 row cooler is U/S as one of the alloy threads has been damaged and I won't risk such a important part leaking or failing - I have now ordered a 25 Row monster off Think Automotive. This should have sufficient capacity for anything I can throw at it. I will also whip the sump off and weld in a fitting so I can fit the other worry gauge - an oil temperature gauge although hopefully with the cooler this will all be an over reaction.

Practice
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?31/10/2010.BARB.P1

Short Circuit
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?31/10/2010.BARB.Q1

Long Circuit
http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?31/10/2010.BARB.Q2


 Nice new homemade / adjustable strut brace - They work!!!!
 Oil cooler adaptor ready for fitting as soon as I get a new 25 Row cooler as my 16 Row one has corroded and stripped fittings. Also I have had my bulkhead plate for my brake master cylinder conversion electroplated and just need to jig it up in wrecked car at Markich to bend the Triumph dual circuit brake lines through 90 degs so I can plumb it all in .
 Just to keep an eye on things this will be going in the sump or possibly in the oil cooler line?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk, nike trainers, michael kors, michael kors, nike air max, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, sac longchamp, burberry, air force, nike huarache, michael kors, ralph lauren pas cher, michael kors, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, nike free, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, true religion outlet, abercrombie and fitch, timberland, mulberry, lululemon, oakley pas cher, north face, converse pas cher, true religion jeans, new balance pas cher, coach outlet, replica handbags, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, hollister, north face, hogan, longchamp, true religion jeans, nike roshe run, true religion jeans, hermes, nike roshe, vans pas cher, air jordan pas cher, air max, hollister pas cher, longchamp pas cher, vanessa bruno, coach purses, tn pas cher, sac guess

January 3, 2016 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hollister, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, thomas sabo, lancel, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, doudoune canada goose, ugg boots uk, moncler, supra shoes, converse outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, doke gabbana outlet, wedding dresses, swarovski crystal, moncler outlet, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, barbour jackets, pandora jewelry, canada goose, canada goose outlet, moncler, toms shoes, moncler, barbour, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, bottes ugg, juicy couture outlet, juicy couture outlet, links of london, replica watches, canada goose uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, coach outlet, swarovski
ninest123 01.03

January 3, 2016 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home