Monday, September 10, 2012

Engine Swap-over - it works!

Started first time - very rich - soon sorted that out. Very smooth and eager to rev. Sounds a bit bonkers but the neighbours probably don't appreciate running the cam in at 10pm - Done now anyway!

Will map it on the road tomorrow afternoon after the day job.

Job almost done :-)

Steering components being sorted - used my last NOS Stanpart TRE :-(

I remember now why I prefer manual racks - lifting the crossmember with the rack attached into position when you have a new rubber coupling being unhelpful is not really a one man job - didn't have any choice though and managed with a bit of lateral thinking. One school boy error was taking all the spacer plates out of the engine mounts (2000 = shallower sump) but then worked out that I needed one spacer for the PAS pump to fit.
 FWIW I am using Stanpart HD (stamped) engine mounts that I got from brother Doug ages ago - they have been oil soaked for years and after a quick tidy up still look and work like new.